In Pasadena, The 2015 Daguerreian Society Symposium
The Daguerreian Society's annual symposium and 19th-century photo fair will be held November 5–8, 2015 at the Hilton in Pasadena, CA.
This is a great opportunity to learn about 19th-century photography and engage with fellow collectors, dealers and curators. It's also an opportunity to buy some great images either at the Saturday photography tabletop show or during the silent and live auctions after Saturday night's banquet.
The program starts with a day trip planned on Thursday to the J. Paul Getty Museum to see a new show on daguerreotypes, culminating with an opening reception on Thursday evening.
Friday will have a full day of top presentations on various 19th-century photography areas.
On Saturday there will be an extensive photography fair from 10 am-4 pm. As one member put it, "It will be the largest number of daguerreotypes to hit California since the Gold Rush". Thousands of 19th-century images will be on display and for sale. We are actively seeking quality dealers of 19th century photography for the trade show. You do not have to be a member or a Symposium registrant to get into the photography fair, just $10, which you can pay at the entrance. Symposium registrants gain early admittance at 9 am.
A cocktail party with cash bar and dinner are scheduled for the evening, with an extensive auction of photography items (both in the silent and live auctions) to follow.
Sunday is a free day to take advantage of the Rose Bowl Flea Market. On Monday, Nov 9, participants are welcome at the Huntington Library & Gardens, which they can visit on their own. This facility comprises over 120 acres.
- When Photography was a Silver Plate
- The Daguerreotype Collection at the Museum fuer Kunst and Gewerbe, Hamburg
- The National Library celebrates the daguerreotype
- Treasures in the Royal Library of Copenhagen
- The Daguerreobase Project at the Daguerreian Society Symposium in Austin
- Ruskin, a lecture in Oxford by Ken Jacobson
- Raising Awareness in Northern Europe
- Our virtual exhibition on Google Cultural Institute
- Niépce's plates on display at The National Media Museum
- Modern Daguerreotypes of Historic Garden Treasures
- Join us in Bry-sur-Marne, October 2015
- Mirror with a Memory
- In Pasadena, The 2015 Daguerreian Society Symposium
- Images of the past, Reflections on the Present
- Estonian daguerreotypes soon to be published in Daguerreobase
- Daguerres Große Entdeckung. A publication by Peter Wutz
- Daguerreotypes. Europe's Earliest Photographic Records
- Daguerreobase at Daguerreian Society Symposium
- Become a member of the EDA
- Andreas Gruber for STREULICHT N°4
- A German Lady, a new publication by Jochen Voigt
- A Daguerreotype Workshop with Mike Robinson
- "Snap, bang, wallop, what a picture..."