A Daguerreotype Workshop with Mike Robinson
From 30th of July to 2nd of August 2015 the Fox Talbot Museum, located in the picturesque village of Lacock in Wiltshire, organizes a daguerreotype workshop for artists with a serious interest in the evolution, aesthetics and process of daguerreotypy.
The workshop "The Daguerreotype at Lacock" will be conducted by Mike Robinson, a modern master of the medium. Robinson will offer his four day course in the daguerreotype process and Lacock is one of the best venues in which to work in historic process.
The workshop is limited to 6 students.
Image caption: Half-plate daguerreotype, 4 minute exposure, f/32, 90 mm Rodenstock Grandagon lens, copyright Mike Robinson
- When Photography was a Silver Plate
- The Daguerreotype Collection at the Museum fuer Kunst and Gewerbe, Hamburg
- The National Library celebrates the daguerreotype
- Treasures in the Royal Library of Copenhagen
- The Daguerreobase Project at the Daguerreian Society Symposium in Austin
- Ruskin, a lecture in Oxford by Ken Jacobson
- Raising Awareness in Northern Europe
- Our virtual exhibition on Google Cultural Institute
- Niépce's plates on display at The National Media Museum
- Modern Daguerreotypes of Historic Garden Treasures
- Join us in Bry-sur-Marne, October 2015
- Mirror with a Memory
- In Pasadena, The 2015 Daguerreian Society Symposium
- Images of the past, Reflections on the Present
- Estonian daguerreotypes soon to be published in Daguerreobase
- Daguerres Große Entdeckung. A publication by Peter Wutz
- Daguerreotypes. Europe's Earliest Photographic Records
- Daguerreobase at Daguerreian Society Symposium
- Become a member of the EDA
- Andreas Gruber for STREULICHT N°4
- A German Lady, a new publication by Jochen Voigt
- A Daguerreotype Workshop with Mike Robinson
- "Snap, bang, wallop, what a picture..."