Raising Awareness in Northern Europe
Welcome to the Daguerreotype Day on June 9th, 2014
The Daguerreotype Day is organised by the Finnish Museum of Photography within the framework of Daguerreobase project to promote the Daguerreobase project and gather together owners, researches and collectors of daguerreotypes around the Northern Baltic Sea.
Daguerreobase is an European photographic heritage project with an ambitious goal to collect over 25.000 daguerreotypes and related items into one searchable database where all the owners of daguerreotypes, weather they are museums, archives or private collectors, are encouraged to register their daguerreotypes. Daguerreobase will be a unique research tool for daguerreotypes.
In addition to the presentation of the Daguerreobase project the symposium programme includes presentations from Finland, Sweden, Russia and the Baltic countries as well as a presentation given by a Finnish contemporary daguerreotypist Jalo Porkkala. The day after the symposium, on June 10th, participants are invited to participate in the organised visits to some daguerreotype museum collections in Helsinki.
The symposium language is English. Symposium is free of charge.
For the full program, clicke here.
Welcome to Helsinki!
For further information contact:
The Finnish Museum of Photography
The Cable Factory
Tallberginkatu 1 G
- When Photography was a Silver Plate
- The Daguerreotype Collection at the Museum fuer Kunst and Gewerbe, Hamburg
- The National Library celebrates the daguerreotype
- Treasures in the Royal Library of Copenhagen
- The Daguerreobase Project at the Daguerreian Society Symposium in Austin
- Ruskin, a lecture in Oxford by Ken Jacobson
- Raising Awareness in Northern Europe
- Our virtual exhibition on Google Cultural Institute
- Niépce's plates on display at The National Media Museum
- Modern Daguerreotypes of Historic Garden Treasures
- Join us in Bry-sur-Marne, October 2015
- Mirror with a Memory
- In Pasadena, The 2015 Daguerreian Society Symposium
- Images of the past, Reflections on the Present
- Estonian daguerreotypes soon to be published in Daguerreobase
- Daguerres Große Entdeckung. A publication by Peter Wutz
- Daguerreotypes. Europe's Earliest Photographic Records
- Daguerreobase at Daguerreian Society Symposium
- Become a member of the EDA
- Andreas Gruber for STREULICHT N°4
- A German Lady, a new publication by Jochen Voigt
- A Daguerreotype Workshop with Mike Robinson
- "Snap, bang, wallop, what a picture..."